We are in full festive fluctuation here on December 10 with the Holidays just an eggnog carton away from our recycling bins, but perhaps still a little too far out to go into complete holiday discomposure and disregard.
However it is Thursday...and some of us might be getting Thursty...and I stumbled upon some legitimate historical moments that can help you with any justification you deem necessary for your evening activities.
10 Reasons to celebrate tonight, December 10th
1. 1884 Dec. 10: Mark Twain's Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is published.
2. 1927 Dec. 10: The phrase "Grand Ole Opry" is used for the first time on-air.
My parents just went to the 90th Anniversary Special and told me all about it. Pure Americana!
3. 1901 Dec. 10: The first Nobel Prizes are awarded.
4. 1965 Dec. 10: The Grateful Dead's first live concert performance under this name. (KUTX out of Austin just played a song/set from 1977 live at Barton Hall at Cornell University "Scarlet Begonias" into "Fire on the Mountain" (Scarlet-Fire) probably their best performance ever?) Pretty tight.
5. 1830 Dec. 10: Emily Dickinson, American poet is born.
6. 1906 Dec. 10: U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt wins the Nobel Peace Prize for his role in mediating the Russo-Japanese War...becoming the 1st American to win the award.
7. 1898 Dec. 10: The Spanish-American War was is finito. The signing of the Treaty of Paris ends the conflict.
8. 1817 Dec. 10: Mississippi becomes the 20th U.S. State.
9. 1955 Dec. 10: Mighty Mouse Playhouse first aired on American television.
10. 1948 Dec. 10: The United Nations adopted the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and today is Human Rights Day, celebrated across the world. Given the current socio-political climates the world-over, this day is important. Act like it. Now go celebrate December 10th and start a fun and pertinent conversation....I just gave you 10 reasons to do so...
1 MORE REASON TO CELEBRATE...
.GLOBEX SHOP IS OFFERING FREE SHIPPING ON EVERYTHING THROUGH SUNDAY DECEMBER 13TH!
HELICIUM® GLASS--FREE SHIPPING!
LYON SCARVES--ALL PRICED AT $75 +FREE SHIPPING
HANS® WALL ART--FREE SHIPPING!
GET YOUR ORDERS IN NOW AND LOCK IN SOME XMAS GIFTS!